English Speaking      Central, Hong Kong

Rainbow Nails' Blog

An OPI Educator's Nail Blog @ Hong Kong

Amputation after Manicure

A Brazilian lady found her thumb swollen and full of pus soon after she got her gel nail done. The finger looked quite frightening.

It happened because she did not notice much to a cut on her cuticle WHEN SHE DECIDED TO GET a nail extension. The fake nail was glued over the cut. A few days later, the finger became infected. The pain was so severe that she could not even work. THE DOCTOR PRESCRIBED anti-inflammatories and antibiotics, but nothing helped. She has got cellulitis. The tip of her thumb ended up being amputated.

She decided to put this tragic story on social media, warning people to be careful. People must check with the nail technician about any risk prior to getting nails done.

Share!2.18K

Make Your Appointment Today!

Call Us: (852)2840-0660
Write to Us: rainbownails @ rainbownails.com.hk!

Leave a Reply