Q: What is OPI Axxium Soak-Off Gel? What is the difference between that and the Hard Gel system?
A: Soak-Off Gel is a new revolutionary developed New Gel Lacquer System. Its application method is basically as similar to the traditional one, but the differences could mainly be summarized as follows:
- Texture is much more transparent; smoother and the color is more concentrated.
- It can be soaked off instead of buffing off; much more convenient and saves time
- Its result is very natural and softer finished, feel just like applied nail polish, and easy to take care of.
Q: Is Soak-Off Gel suitable for everyone?
A: Basically Soak-Off Gel is suitable for most people with natural, healthy nails; provided that the natural nails are not overly thin or damaged. Ideally nails length cannot be longer than 1/8 inch from the smile line.
Q: How often a re-filling is needed? Is it easy to take off?
A: Soak-Off Gel can last for as long as 2-3 weeks depending on the natural nails condition and very importantly the maintenance. We suggest for a re-filling at every 3 weeks.
It is very easy to take off, just file the surface slightly, then soak the nails into the “OPI Expert Touch Lacquer Remover” for 15 minutes; the Gel could easily be taken off by Cuticle Stick.
Q: Why do the surroundings of the nails loosen and crack?
A : The most common reasons could be:
- Skipped an important preparatory step: usage of “Bond Aid PH” to balance the PH on nail surface for better adhesion
- Base Gel is too thin or Curing time (Solidifying time) is not long enough
- Gel leaked out to cuticles and sidewalls that were not removed properly
- Failure to cap free edges
Q: Are all types of nail arts applicable on Axxium Soak-Off Gel?
A : The characteristic of Soak-Off Gel is its natural “nail polish” like appearance, therefore only simple nail arts such as painting, spraying or shimmer are recommended. Crystals or 3D arts are not recommended because a thin layer of Gel might not be strong enough to hold them.
Q: Under what circumstances is Axxium Overlay Gel needed?
- If the nail’s length is longer than 1/8” from the smile line or
- If the nails are thin but if the nails are too damaged, it is suggested to use OPI’s Nail Hardener or Nail Envy to let the nails recover before applying any Gel system products, instead of using Axxium Overlay.
Q: After applied Soak-Off Gel, is covering Nail Polish on top allowed?
A: Sure! Every Gel Lacquer has an original coordinating Nail Polish, you could apply the same polish or different one and have a perfect nails at all time!
Q: If there is Hard Gel on the nails, is switching to Soak-Off Gel possible?
A: Yes. Just buff the original Hard Gel till smooth, clean and sterilize; then follow the Soak-Off Gel Lacquer System standard procedures.
Q: If there are Nail Tips or Acrylic underneath the Soak-Off Gel, can all the layers be soaked off together?
A: Not suggested, because the “OPI Expert Touch Lacquer Remover” or “Artificial Nail Remover” will soften the Nail Tips and Acrylic. We suggest using OPI Edge 180 File to buff off the color gel, and then apply Acrylic powder or Hard Gel to shape the nails again.
If you want to know more about the usage and soak-off process of the products, please visit:
Make Your Appointment Today!
Call Us: (852)2840-0660
Write to Us: rainbownails @ rainbownails.com.hk!